Monday 15 October 2012

Who wants to sleep in a city that never wakes up?



Bowler hat - £9.99 - H&M 
Dress - £30 - Dorothy Perkins

This is the outfit that I wore to go Halloween-costume shopping with Hannah (of Doubleyou fame) - the details of which you can read about here. Us girls are going as The Spice Girls for the sixth form Halloween party, Hannah is Scary and I will not insult your intelligence by telling you which one I am going as.

I bought this dress back in the summer, and the only other time I've worn it was to Alex's 18th birthday party (I have to admit that I did feel a tad overdressed, as I wore heels and curled my hair, but as his relatively long-term girlfriend I had to make an effort since his entire family was going to be there) and I've been wanting to wear it since, so I took the opportunity to wear it again on our little town trip. 
I really like the dress, mostly because of the skirt - I love how floaty it is and when I spin around it sticks out, which is, in my opinion, the mark of a nice and girly dress. I'm by no means the girliest person in the world (girly-girls can sometimes do my head in) it's just nice to wear a pretty dress now and then, don't you think? I also like pretty much anything with a collar, and some of you might remember a post I did on quirky prints, so there's three of my boxes ticked with this one item! 
Dorothy Perkins is most definitely overlooked when it comes to affordable fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment