Tuesday 4 September 2012

Never got the call...

I love this playsuit, and since it's now September, I probably won't get many more opportunities to wear it this year, so I jumped at the chance to wear it today since it's been such lovely weather!

I've recently applied for a job at a local restaurant, and was expecting a call at about 4pm so that I could go up, have a chat with the manager and take an application form. Unfortunately, as the title would suggest, it's now almost 6pm and they still haven't called. Maybe they forgot, maybe they thought I wasn't right for the job... I'll never know. Needless to say, I do feel a little bummed down by it all, I've been trying to get a job since March and this is the closest I've come so far, just to fall at the first hurdle. I'm not fussy about the kind of job I get, I've even looked into applying at McDonald's, just to see that they had no student jobs going. I just want a little independence from my parents, to be able to buy clothes and shoes and nice make-up and books and films and music... I guess it looks like I'll be relying on them for a little longer.

Job hunting sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment