Tuesday 11 September 2012

I'm such a bloody idiot.

Whilst I was in Harrogate, Mum treated me to a Jack Wills travel card holder since this year I have to get myself to school on the bus, and this means buying a weekly ticket for eighteen pounds. Yes, eighteen pounds for the priviledge of getting up at 6:15am, to be out of my house by 7:15am and on the bus by 7:30am and school at 8am. School doesn't even start until 9am.

Today, I showed the bus driver my ticket, and took a seat at the back of the bus (getting on so early does have some advantages - the pick of where to sit) and I have no idea what I did with my pass after that. I was sat in Psychology when I realised that I couldn't feel the card holder in my back pocket, it wasn't there.

I rooted through my bag and went to the rooms I'd been to earlier in the day, but since I don't remember putting it in my bag once I got on the bus, I can only assume that it was carried away. Shit.

The other bummer is that I had my travel discount card in there (which isn't even valid for my £18 weekly ticket) so now I have to pay five pounds to the council to get it replaced. Double shit.

Turns out the 'emergency' tenner that Mum insisted I have on me at all times has paid off - it's going to cost me over £3 to get home tonight!

I text my mum at school to tell her about it, and luckily she doesn't seem to mind too much - but trust me to lose the £18 ticket when I've only used it for three journies!

Still, now I've lost my ticket once, I'm very unlikely to do it again, right?






Update

I rang Stagecoach - no luck.

I mentioned to Dad that I'd been to Tesco in the morning before school, so he suggested that I call there. The man on Customer Services was lovely and it turned out that someone had handed it in! So me and Dad went to Tesco and it was there - my Jack Wills card holder, travel discount card and £18 bus ticket. Score.

Thankyou to whoever handed it in this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment