Wednesday 2 May 2012

Skirt inspired by parrot tail

Hey there!

Just a cheeky post because I've got twenty minutes until dinner and my teacher has gone to a meeting so I have the entire Textiles room to myself!
For our exam, we will have to design a textiles product based on the rainforest. I know, who thought that the rainforest would be a good idea for a Textiles exam? But surprisingly, it's working out quite nicely. Today I designed a skirt based on a parrot tail. Incase you can't tell from my bad drawing, it's supposed to be one of those skirts with a tail - you know the ones I mean? All the cool people on Lookbook have one.


I apologise for my scribbles about fabric qualities and batch production, but that's all things that I will have to write about in my exam if I'm going to get a decent grade, which even though I'm not doing Textiles next year, I really want an A so I have to know about that stuff. Admittedly, I asked my teacher for the majority of the answers - I just need to memorise it all when it comes to my exam!
I am aware that it is hardly the most fashionable skirt in the world, that is largely down to the fact than I am not the most fashionable person in the world - but I also had to have lots of components and fabrics and modern materials, so although it's probably not to anyone's taste, hopefully it will get me the marks I want, and that's all that really matters.
I just wanted to share my work with you for some odd reason, I don't really know why, but I hoped you liked it or atleast didn't throw up into a waste paper bin. Nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment