Tuesday 10 April 2012

IKEA

I have to admit that I found 'I' to be a tricky letter to find a subject for, especially seeing as our A to Z challenge isn't following too much of a theme. Hopefully throughout this challenge we can post about fashion and maybe even post some Lookbook outfits - after all, that was the intention with which we set up this blog in the first place.

But, I think IKEA is a fantastic shop, somehow it manages to engage my interest when no other furniture shop that my parents might happen to drag me around can. I like how they have entire rooms set up, and even a little one bedroom flat! 

Plus, the kid's stuff is incredible! With loads of cute toys and awesome beds and night lights and chairs, it makes me wish that I was eight years old again so that I could justify owning it all! 

There is a rather famous scene from the 2009 film 500 Days of Summer, where Summer and Tom walk around IKEA together, and walk amongst the rooms and pretend that they live there... until they realise there's a Chinese family in their bathroom. If you've not seen 500 days of Summer, I highly recommend that you do. You can find the iMBD link here.


Unfortunately I couldn't find a good quality video of the entire scene on YouTube, so you'll have to buy the film to see the rest of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment